Sunday, March 27, 2016

Pattern: Pikachu Amigurumi REVAMP

A 7" tall amigurumi of a Pikachu. The pattern is available on Ravelry and on Etsy. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at icrochetthings@gmail.com.

An updated version of my old Pikachu with Ash Hat pattern, which will now be this weeks Free Pattern Friday. Check out last week's Free Pattern Friday for a mini Ash Hat to adorn your Pikachu with.

I am sooo happy with how this Pikachu came out. I mean look at the difference:

I didn't really like the old pattern, but I never realized how bad it was until I put them side-by-side. Major improvement!

Here's the changes that I made:
1. Redid the whole body to look more like Pikachu's body.
2. Larger cheeks. I mean really, look how small they were!
3. Felt eyes, because they match the look better.
4. No lines for the toes because they just look awkward.
5. No paw pads because Pikachu doesn't actually have any and they also look weird.
6. Hat is now partially made of felt instead of all yarn, which makes it look cleaner.
7. Edited the pattern for the tail so it's worked in one piece.

I think that's pretty much it. Another pattern should be coming soon, and this time it's not a revamped old pattern. It's also super fluffy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment